1. Designation and Term of Office:
(a) “Officers” shall include a President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer, who shall serve two-year terms of office. The Vice-President shall also serve as President-Elect and shall automatically assume the office of President upon expiration of the previous President's term.
2. Method of Election:
(a) The Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected from the Full membership for a two-year term. The Vice-President shall serve an additional two-year term as President as noted in Section 1(a) above.
3. Powers and Duties:
(1) The President shall direct the overall activities of the Association and shall preside at all meetings of the Board of Directors.
(2) The President shall have the power to appoint special committees, including the Nominating Committee.
(3) The President or his/her representative, if possible, shall attend the National Alumni Association Executive Committee meeting.
(4) The President, as a member of the Board of Directors of the Wharton Graduate Alumni Association, shall represent Health Care Management to that Association.
(1) The Vice-President shall assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President. In the event of a vacancy in the office of the President, the Vice-President shall succeed to the Presidency for the unexpired portion of the term and the office of Vice-President shall be declared vacant.
(1) The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings of the Association. Copies of the minutes shall be sent to all members of the Board of Directors and remain on file for membership inspection. He/she shall prepare and promulgate ballots and meetings notices and shall chair the Nominating Committee.
(1) The Treasurer shall bill for and collect all dues. He/she shall prepare the Association's budget and other financial statements (e.g. income and balance sheet) to be approved by the Board of Directors and shall present the Treasurer's report at the meetings of the Board of Directors.