Graduates of the Wharton Health Care Management Program are fortunate to be part of a small, close-knit group within Wharton. The Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association (WHCMAA) aims to extend that experience beyond graduation and throughout our graduates’ careers.
The WHCMAA has been in existence for over thirty years and currently has more than 640 active members. Members span the healthcare field including: CEOs of large medical centers, healthcare policy makers, executives in medical product companies, and top industry consultants. The WHCMAA hosts events for members around the globe. We also host combined events with regional Alumni Associations and Clubs in Boston, NY, NJ, Philadelphia, and Northern California. Below are some of the benefits and activities that WHCMAA members enjoy:
- JPMorgan Healthcare conference Wharton reception: annual January event in San Francisco. Start the year off reconnecting with other Wharton Alumni. Complimentary admission for members.
- Annual Wharton Healthcare Management Alumni Conference: with presenters and participants who are WHCMAA alumni and industry leaders. Discounted rate for members.
- Cocktail receptions/networking: including American Association of Clinical Oncology; Annual biotechnology networking event; Wharton/Harvard Healthcare annual event in NYC; regular local receptions in Boston and Philadelphia. Complimentary admission to members.
- Joint events and presentations with other Wharton and non-Wharton Alumni Clubs: e.g. Kellogg, Harvard Business School, Healthcare Business Women’s Association. Complimentary admission to members.
- Various regional events featuring expert panelists discussing a wide range of healthcare-related topics: Click here to access our events calendar. Complimentary admission to members.
- WHCMAA Job Board: access to over 350 job listings from eleven of the top health care executive recruiters, including Witt Kieffer, Korn Ferry and Klein Hersch. In addition, WHCMAA can access positions posted as Individual Job Postings by WHCMAA members and outside employers. Free to members.
Career Development Webinars: recent webinars have included "LinkedIn: A Modern Career Necessity - How to Maximize Your Profile and Job Opportunities", "Tips for a Successful Video Interview", and "Leading with Positive Emotions: Tools to Increase Team Happiness AND Engagement". Complimentary for members.
Questions about joining the Wharton Health Care Management Alumni Association?
Contact alumni club members – they will be happy to talk with you:
- Allie Morrison, WG'22, WHCMAA Membership Coordinator: [email protected]
- Heather Aspras, WG'08, WHCMAA President: [email protected]
- We invite you to select your membership below. Please read descriptions of each option before selecting.
- Wharton and Penn alumni: you will need your PennKey credentials to log in and access exclusive member content. Please contact [email protected] if you don't know your username and/or password. All Wharton and Penn alumni must be added to our database by The Wharton School, so if you attempt to login on our site using your PennKey or make a membership purchase and find yourself in an endless loop, you are not currently in our database. Please contact our club administrator, Danna Daughtry, and she will be able to assist you. She can be reached at [email protected]. She can also assist you with any other questions, difficulties with your purchase, etc.
- Current Wharton Health Care Management Program and WEMBA Student and Recent Graduate Membership: All WHCM and WEMBA current students and first year graduates receive a complimentary membership. If you feel that your account does not reflect this complimentary membership, please contact Danna Daughtry, our club administrator, at [email protected].
- Membership Auto-renewal: members will have the option when signing up to auto-renew their membership each year. To cancel auto-renewal at any time, please email Danna Daughtry, club administrator, at [email protected].