This month's philosopher: Kate Reed, WG‘87
To learn more about Kate, click here.
Column Editor: Z. Colette Edwards, WG’84, MD’85
To learn more about Colette, click here.
- If I knew then what I know now. I would have ...skiied more, eaten less.
- If I knew then what I know now, I would not have ...stayed in that job where my boss and I were not a good fit. As someone wise once said to me – "If your boss doesn’t think you’re fabulous and if s/he doesn’t work hard to lift you up and support your success, you’re in the wrong place." I’ve learned that staying in a job because "It’s good for me, I’ll learn from the dysfunctionality" - is flat out a bad idea!
- “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.” ~ Hillary Clinton, November 9, 2016
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Aut inveniam viam aut faciam. Latin proverb. Translation: I shall either find a way or make one.
- Do what you love, in the service of people who love what you do. ~ Steve Farber, The Radical Edge and Extreme Leadership
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Radical Edge by Steve Farber
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni
- What Works for Women at Work by Joan C. Williams and Rachel Dempsey
Contact Kate at: