This webinar is part of the Wharton Alumni Webinar Series in an effort to offer life-long learning opportunities to alumni. The webinar is provided at no cost to club members.
Wharton Alumni Relations is excited to bring you the next webinar for the 2018-2019 season offered to our Wharton alumni community. If you are not already a member of our club, we encourage you to join and take advantage of this valuable benefit.
Click here to register (available to current club members only)
Webinar Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018
- 8:30am - 9:30am ET
- rebroadcast: 12:00pm – 1:00pm ET
Geoffrey Garrett, Dean of the Wharton School, and Nicolai Tangen, W’92
Cost: FREE to current WHCMAA club members
Pre-registration is available now for current WHCMAA members! Space is limited so register today!
Click here to register
About this Session:
Please join Dean Geoffrey Garrett and Nicolai Tangen, W’92, for the premiere episode of a special Wharton Webinar Series themed around our More Than Ever campaign.
Nicolai is founder of the London-based investment partnership AKO Capital and the AKO Foundation, a UK charity focused on education and the arts. A citizen of Norway and a student of the world, Nicolai served in the Norwegian Armed Forces’ School of Intelligence and Security and holds master’s degrees in both the history of art and social psychology, in addition to his Wharton undergraduate degree in finance. Tangen Hall, a new building on Penn’s campus dedicated to student entrepreneurship, will bear his name, and he is a passionate supporter of scholarships for international students at Wharton. Nicolai also serves on the School’s Board of Overseers and our Campaign Cabinet.
Nicolai and the Dean will discuss the ways his career and philanthropy embody and empower Wharton’s present and future, followed by a live question and answer dialogue with participants in the webinar.
Webinar Series and Fast Chat Schedule for 2018-19
- 11.15.18: Webinar Series: More Than Ever – with Dean Geoffrey Garrett and Nicolai Tangen, W’92
- 11.28.18: Webinar – Mike Useem and Howard Kunreuther, “Mastering Catastrophic Risk: How Companies are Coping with Disruption”
- 12.11.18: Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Energy
- 1.17.19: Webinar – Pete Fader and Anthony Choe, “Customer-Based Corporate Valuation”
- 1.29.19 Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Finance
- 2.13.19: Webinar – John Paul MacDuffie, “Fast-Moving Vehicle and Mobility Ecosystems: How Much Disruption and How Soon?”
- 3.13.19: Webinar – Mary-Hunter “Mae” McDonnell, “Gender Diversity and Ethics in the Workplace”
- 3.26.19: Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Social Impact
- 4.3.19: Webinar – Vit Henisz, “Corporate Propaganda: False Flags, Shills, Astroturfing, and Sock Puppets”
- 5.2.19 Webinar – Americus Reed, “Harnessing the Power of Identity Loyalty”
- 5.7.19 Fast Chat - Quick Connections for Wharton Alumnae