This webinar is part of the Wharton Alumni Webinar Series in an effort to offer life-long learning opportunities to alumni. The webinar is provided at no cost to club members.
Wharton Alumni Relations is excited to bring you the next faculty webinar for the 2018-2019 season offered to our Wharton alumni community. If you are not already a member of our club, we encourage you to join and take advantage of this valuable benefit.
Click here to register (available to current club members only)
Webinar Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Webinar Time: 12:00pm – 1:00pm ET
Mike Useem, William and Jacalyn Egan Professor of Management, Director of Center for Leadership and Change Management, and Editor of Wharton Leadership DigestHoward Kunreuther, Co-Director, Risk Management and Decision Processes Center, Professor of Decision Sciences and Business Economics and Public Policy, and Professor of Operations, Information and Decisions
Cost: FREE to current WHCMAA club members
Pre-registration is available now for current WHCMAA members! Space is limited so register today!
Click here to register
About this Session:
Risk taking is inherent in competition, and managing risk well is a mark of successful firms. This webinar examines the challenges and opportunities for business leaders and others in an increasingly turbulent and demanding environment. Kunreuther and Useem will offer lessons for decision makers at all levels to reduce the likelihood and curtail the costs — human, financial, and reputational — of large-scale disruptions.
Webinar Series and Fast Chat Schedule for 2018-19
- 11.15.18: Webinar Series: More Than Ever – with Dean Geoffrey Garrett and Nicolai Tangen, W’92
- 11.28.18: Webinar – Mike Useem and Howard Kunreuther, “Mastering Catastrophic Risk: How Companies are Coping with Disruption”
- 12.11.18: Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Energy
- 1.17.19: Webinar – Pete Fader and Anthony Choe, “Customer-Based Corporate Valuation”
- 1.29.19 Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Finance
- 2.13.19: Webinar – John Paul MacDuffie, “Fast-Moving Vehicle and Mobility Ecosystems: How Much Disruption and How Soon?”
- 3.13.19: Webinar – Mary-Hunter “Mae” McDonnell, “Gender Diversity and Ethics in the Workplace”
- 3.26.19: Fast Chat - Quick Connections in Social Impact
- 4.3.19: Webinar – Vit Henisz, “Corporate Propaganda: False Flags, Shills, Astroturfing, and Sock Puppets”
- 5.2.19 Webinar – Americus Reed, “Harnessing the Power of Identity Loyalty”
- 5.7.19 Fast Chat - Quick Connections for Wharton Alumnae