This Month’s Philosopher: Edward Chan, WG’11
To learn more about Edward, click here.
If I knew then what I know now, I would have …
prioritized in-person quality time with friends and family around the world given the new COVID-19 norm.
If I knew then what I know now, I would not have …
been as naive as I was about the endless possibilities of career paths that exist in the world. I grew up with tunnel vision that prioritized academic achievements rather than curiosity and life experiences.
- “Good is the enemy of great. And that is one of the key reasons why we have so little that becomes great... Few people attain great lives, in large part because it is just so easy to settle for a good life.” ~Jim Collins
- “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.” ~ Steve Jobs
- “Money never sleeps.” ~Various
- “You can quit if you want, and no one will care. But you will know the rest of your life.” ~ John Collins (This was the quote that kept me going through training for my Ironman triathlons.)
Fascinating reads on infamous personalities:
- Billion Dollar Whale: The Man Who Fooled Wall Street, Hollywood, and the World by Tom Wright and Bradley Hope
- Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou
- Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street by Sheelah Kolhatkar
Contact Edward at: firstname.lastname@example.org