Contributor: Marina Tarasova, WG’10
To learn more about Marina, click here.
- If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone to medical school to become a dermatologist! It’s the specialty with the best hours and the ability to help people feel better in their own skin.
- If I knew then what I know now, I would not have worried about the future and enjoyed more of the present.
- “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived” ~Dalai Lama
- "The problem with competition is that it takes away the requirement to set your own path, to invent your own method, to find a new way." ~Seth Godin
- "That visibility which makes us most vulnerable is that which also is the source of our greatest strength" ~Audre Lorde
- Brainpickings Weekly – an amazing e-mail newsletter that searches out insights about living an enlightened life from the world’s great creators in different disciplines. The author connects the dots to deliver new understandings and curious findings. For example, I learned about a little-known correspondence between Einstein and Freud on violence, war, peace, and human nature. How amazing it was to read the letters of two great minds from last century!
- Godel Escher Bach - by Douglas Hofstadter. The book explores common themes from the lives and works of logician Kurt Godel, artist MC Escher, and composer Johan Sebastian Bach and by exploring these disciplines expounds on mathematics, symmetry, and intelligence.
- The Moth podcast – an amazing storytelling podcast. Mostly recorded live around the country.
Contact Marina at: email@example.com