Support the WHCMAA Today
Important: you must first sign in so that you are able to renew. Otherwise, the system will not recognize your transaction as a renewal.
Please click here to sign in.
The Wharton Healthcare Alumni Association has been in existence as a club for over 30 years and currently has over 400 active members. These members span the healthcare field from: CEOs of large medical centers; to healthcare policy makers in government; to management of early stage medical device companies. We are active locally with Clubs in the Boston, NY, NJ, Philadelphia, Northern and Southern CA areas and; as well “nationally”. Below are some of the activities and benefits of joining the Healthcare Alumni Association:
Examples of Local events include:
- JPMorgan Healthcare conference Wharton reception (annual January event in SF). This is a great meeting in which to start the year off reconnecting with the Wharton Alumni.
- New: Annual Wharton alumni event – October 22, 2011. This event is run by the alumni, with presenters and participants healthcare alum. The meeting will draw upon the vast experiences of the healthcare alumni in helping all participants understand the changing healthcare delivery landscape. A reduced fee is offered to this meeting for alumni association members.
- Wharton healthcare conference held annually in February or March in Philadelphia. This event has grown in size and national stature over the years; hosting over 600 industry participants and MBA students with presentations from industry leaders and policy makers. A reduced fee is offered to this conference for alumni association members.
- Regular Webinar events free of charge. Recent webinars have included: New provider payment methodologies, Personalized medicine and genomics, Healthcare venture capital investing, Sustainable high performance in BioPharma, The Healthcare workforce for the 21st century, High growth medical device markets, and numerous career development webinars. This growing library of prior events is available to members free of charge.
- Cocktail receptions/networking including: American Association of Clinical Oncology; Annual biotechnology networking event; Wharton/Harvard Healthcare annual event NYC; regular local receptions in Boston.
- Access to Wharton Healthcare Website including job board, alumni directory, and webinars
- Joint events, presentations, with other Wharton and non-Wharton Alumni Clubs (e.g. Kellogg, Harvard Business School, Healthcare Business Women’s Association)
- Our annual thought leadership lecture at the Wharton school featuring a graduate from the Wharton MBA program. Past speakers have included: David Brailer (HIT); Craig Wheeler (Biosimilars); Maxine Gowen (BioPharma and Biotech)
Benefits to you as a member:
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Presentation by Dr. Nancy Snyderman on the media’s effect of the general health of the US – cocktail hour, dinner and presentation sponsored by the Wharton Healthcare Club of NJ, NY and the Healthcare Business Women’s Association, NJ chapter.
- Mid-Atlantic Region (in collaboration with the Wharton Club NJ): State of the Healthcare Industry – What Now? Panel discussion with BioPharma
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Trends in VC and PE investing in BioPharma
- Northeast: Impact of healthcare reform on academic medical centers in Boston – CEOs of the largest medical centers provide their perspectives on reform.
- West Coast: Presentation by Dr. Roy Vagelos, ex-CEO Merck – California
How to join: Joining is easy and affordable. Go to http://www.whartonhealthcare.org/. On the left hand column of the main webpage click on “Join” the Wharton Healthcare Management Alumni Association. Follow the instructions for either “Patron” or “Affiliate” membership. Or, click on the tab “Become a member” and follow the instructions.
- Interactions and perspectives from many of the movers and shakers in healthcare
- Free access to Wharton webinars
- Discounts to local and national meetings – opportunity to hear from those who are influencing healthcare
- Use of Wharton job board for new opportunities
- Access to the MBA healthcare alumni database for networking
Questions or seeking input on why one should join the Wharton Healthcare Management Alumni Association?
Contact alumni club members – they will be happy to talk with you:
We look forward to your joining!
Please select the Membership type you wish to purchase and click the "Continue" button below: